Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hostel

Well after a couple of days recovery I can now post my review of Hostel. For all you 'hardened horror' viewers this film is probably a walk in the park (or creepy grave yard) but for the weak, such as myself, this was a bit hard going.

The film follows two young Americans Paxton (Jay Hernandez), Josh (Derek Richardson), and Icelander Oli (Eythor Gudjonsson) as they embark upon a backpacking trip through various European countries trying to get their end away with as many European women as possible. When they are told by this weird looking guy that there is this Hostel just outside of Bratislava with gorgeous women waiting to fulfill all their bedroom desires they get on the first train there. To cut a long story short, they get drugged or tricked by these gorgeous bitches (with great bodies by the way) and get tortured by wealthy businessman who to put it mildly are a bit wrong in the head.

Now I was fine up to this point but when the power drills and blow torches start to come out I turned in to a big girl and I wanted my mummy. I am not going to give anymore away as I think you sick lot might actually like this film. Don't get me wrong though as when I finally got over the whole ordeal and thought about it, it was actually not that bad a film, for what is essentially a slasher B movie.

I think I would have given this film about 3 to 4 out of 10 when I first viewed it but now I have had time to think about it I will officially give it 6 out of 10. I would be good to see what you lot make of it if you get chance to view it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crouching chipmunk said...

Considering I found Ichi the Killer funny the first time I watched it, I'll give Hostel the once over and get back to you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm hoping I'll catch this next week. Looks good

8:15 AM  
Blogger Here2Pull said...

Hostel sucked major wang.

It seems to me that whatever prick wrote the screenplay for it, is obviously an obsese virgin who watches 'Saw' religiously and attempted to try and cash in on the recent horror trend.

Hostel had potential, and the whole premise is almost believeable; somewhere in a shitty part of Europe, people are 'farmed' and abused for money. Believeable.

My opinion:
NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH GORE. Though the eye part was great.
NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH nakedness.
NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH swearing.
NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH midgets.

Basically this film is what happens when you think you're the new Quentin Tarintino but you're actually a fat bastard.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

I think rich your a little harsh, maybe!
The film wasn’t amazing my any stretch of the imagination but it was ok. Apparently it was supposed to be a Hollywood version of Audition which I don’t really see but that’s just what I read.
Also I read in an interview with Eli Roth that the major influence for the film was some dodgy Thai website that he found where you can actually pay to kill someone. Don’t phone the police or inform the appropriate authorities, no let’s make a film and make loads of money instead, what a nice guy!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home