Monday, April 10, 2006

Ice Age: The Meltdown


I recently got dragged to the cinema kicking and screaming (honestly) to see Ice Age: The Meltdown (Ice Age 2) which in all fairness wasn’t as horrendous an experience as I had thought it would be.Under normal circumstances I would avoid early showings at the cinema like the plague, but as it’s a kid’s film I didn’t really have much choice. After spending a small fortune on sweets to keep the lady happy, I was faced with the prospect of enduring 91 minutes of rubbish drowned out by screaming kids and mobile phone using chav's. However I was wrong, the kids where there but well behaved and the actual film wasn’t that bad, I would even so as far as to say it was Alright.I do have a slightly biased opinion as I cant stand Ray Romano, being as he is cleverly disguised as a mammoth I can just about suffer him, anyway the story is your standard kiddy movie stuff, day is saved, they all live happily ever after (well not ever after as I haven’t seen any mammoths lately but you know what I mean).The jokes are amusing, with some working on a more adult level as well as for the younger viewer and they even brought back the little squirrel thing and he is class. The only two things I could really moan about are;


1. The sabre tooth tiger didn’t eat any animal children, and there was an opportunity for it

2. Sid the sloth does start to get slightly annoying at times but when you think he is voiced by John Leguizamo who has study the art of being annoying long and hard, you have to admit it could have been worse.

So all in all not bad obviously not going to be winning the academy award for best picture but for mindless entertainment, you could watch much worse.


I give it a 6 out of 10

"Parents, Please do not leave your children unattended. All unattended children will be eaten"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home