Thursday, April 13, 2006

Old Boy


Watched Old boy last night, I don’t want to tell you too much because I don’t want to ruin it for you when you watch, and trust me you DO want to watch this movie. Old Boy is the story of a man named Dae su(Min-sik Choi) who is kidnapped and held against his will in a room with only a TV for company for 15 years, oh and to put the icing on the cake, they kill his Mrs as well, nice touch.
Suddenly he is released and told he has 5 days to find out why he was kidnapped or they’re going to kill his new woman, guy has been free for 5 minutes and he is picking up chicks in sushi bars, legend! Anyway, so commences the journey to discover the truth, this is where it starts to get twisted but as I said, I don’t want to ruin it for you. What I will say is Dae-su is tough, very tough, there are some amazing fight scenes where he kicks some major ass and there is another great scene where he removes a mans teeth with a claw hammer. The movie itself is categorised as a thriller but there is plenty of action and even a bit of a love story in there, for the softer among you, there are some serious twists or is it seriously twisted? not sure which is a better description, but it is a very good film, if you don’t mind subs (its South Korean) then I would say its a must see. Being as my last post was huge and your all going to go see the film now because you know its great I think I’ll call it a day.

Dae-su: “I'll? I'll rip your whole body apart. And no-one'll be able to find it anywhere, and you know why? Because I'm going to chew it all down!”

3 Comments:

Blogger Here2Pull said...

Well I just watched this movie on Chase' recommendation and all I can say is... fantastic movie!

Usually I'm really skeptical watching foreign movies, 'cos the dialogue and subtitles are so bad it sends me to sleep, but this one was different.

Needed to be more violence in the movie, but the plot twist(s) alone are enough to keep you going.

I'd love to see Oldboy vs The Punisher... bring it on.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Chase said...

Punisher would ruin Oldboy in an ultraviolent fashion

1:53 PM  
Blogger Chase said...

that shut you up didnt it

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home